Thursday, August 30, 2007

RAZR HACKZOR

The RAZR is the shit. Everyone wants one and everyone gets one. They can do 1.3mp pictures and good enough video to catch some social officers DOING THEIR JOB. All these media options are awesome unless you are stymied by the heinous bull-hockey that is VERIZON WIRELESS!!!!! They intentionaly strip the object push component out of their software.

It's true, i have a verizon RAZR and with them, i have to pay $2 for a ringtone that cant carry over to my next phone, and have to pay, per media file, to email my pix and flix. I had had enough and put in about a years worth of research and hunting untill i FREED MY RAZR.

The funny thing is that version 1.2 verizon RAZRs had the correct protocols. But all the other versions don't, and they wont back-flash your software at the store. So i took matters into my own hands...

I collected all the necessary software versions, RSD flashing programs, Drivers, and cables that i needed and finally bit the bullet and risked bricking my phone.

The hardest part of the quest was the tedious hunting for the correct files and programs over various illicit channels. (don't)ask me if you (don't) want help finding the right stuff.

The flashing worked, and i now have all the correct permissions on my phone, my own ring tones, and can get my pix and flix. Thank the lord and may he smite verizon.

Of course, now that the iPhone is out, i WANT IT and have to convince my parents and family to not sign up for another 2 years for a shinier piece of plastic so we can switch to a REAL carrier.

1 comment:

6'10" Ken said...

not that great of a buy, wait for the second version!